We are now looking for an IT Operation Specialist with English for one of our clients.
The central function of the successful candidate will be to realize failure free operation of the Client’s platform including OS (Linux), hypervisor, server, storage, SAN & monitoring and also the execution of change requests for the environment.
- Installation, operation & monitoring of Linux server environments & hypervisor platforms
- Applying updates and critical patches to Linux server environments
- Operation & monitoring of storage, SAN & backup environment
- Solving of Linux, hypervisor, storage, SAN & backup related incidents based on SLAs
- Coordination of incidents and change request related to external partners
- Creation and execution of change requests by utilizing best practices and methodologies to customize, implement and enhance functionality
- Participating in data center related projects
- Maintenance of system documentation
- University degree in computer science, education as computer science expert or comparable education
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant field
- Deep Knowledge in Linux operating systems (Ubuntu, CentOS)
- Knowledge of Data Center technologies, especially in the area of
- Server technologies
– Virtualization (VMware)
– Windows Server
– Storage, SAN, Backup
- Knowledge in ITIL
- Advanced English spoken and written is mandatory
- Experience in larger environments, >100 Linux servers is considered a huge plus
- Ability to act in an intercultural, international and virtualized work environment.
- Customer and solution oriented mind-set
- Willingness to travel Europe-wide
- Willingness to work service oriented working hours & on-call duty
- Good remuneration package with additional health coverage
- Job specific training
- Work in a multinational team of professionals across industries such as IT, Sales & Marketing and Customer Care
- Be a part of a dynamic team of young people in a friendly work environment
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.